WHO: Invitees only
WHEN: 31 AUG-02 SEP 2018
WHAT: Operation Mountain Victory III (OMV III)
WHERE: Fort Carson, CO
WHY: Provide a full immersion MTO experience for the best units in the country.
OMV III is a “GO”!!!
CMHG leadership recently did the terrain walk and lock in of the Camp Red Devil, CACTF (village), and adjacent training areas in order to provide a unique Mediterranean Theater of Operations (MTO) experience. This will be a generic scenario allowing units that represent all periods of the MTO (North Africa, Sicily, and Italy) to participate in this event.
If you are a quality unit that meets our requirements and want an invitation, let us know and the leadership will make a determination on inviting you.
I will be posting a series of announcements over the next couple of days with more information, so stay tuned…
OMV III Commander
HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES AT OPERATION MOUNTAIN VICTORY III
Operation Mountain Victory will take place at an active military installation. As such there are a few items to mention regarding safety.
- There will be various types of ordinance on the ground. These can include loose and belted ammo and flares. Do not pick anything up and do not take anything as a souvenir. Consider everything to be live.
- Be careful where you walk and watch out for coils of abandoned barbed, razor wire and possibly snakes. These can ruin your day if you are not careful.
- Watch out where you sit since there are many types of cactus in the area. If not, you may have to ask you buddy to pull spines out of your butt. : 0
- Ft Carson is at 6000 ft elevation and those coming from near sea level should get in shape before the event to minimize the effects of altitude.
- Make sure you carry an ample supply of water as the weather can be hot and you dehydrate faster due to the low humidity and elevation.
- Everyone should pack a personal medical kit for minor cuts, etc. Include some mole skin if you have issues with new footwear. Better safe than sorry.
- This event may include various armored vehicles operating in proximity to ground troops. Keep your eyes and ears open and give them a wide birth. Remember the driver’s vision out of an armored vehicle is restricted. Don’t get into his blind spot.
- We will be using an urban warfare facility with building and streets. Be aware of your surroundings and use caution around corners and at windows and doors. Quick reflexive actions when you unexpectedly meet someone can result in injury. Keep your finger off the trigger until you can safely assess the situation. Remember and follow the safety rules.
- Edged weapons are not to be used in action. Leave them in their scabbard. Better yet, leave them home if you don’t need them
- All vehicle drivers are strongly encouraged to include a medical kit and water with their vehicle.
- Hearing protection is strongly recommended and a necessity in the buildings where the sound is multiplied. Use extra caution in and around buildings.